Life-Giving Communities of Faith, Hope, and Love
We invite young people into life-giving community as they explore issues of faith and learn to follow Christ. Breakaway Life Groups serve as a place of acceptance, fellowship, communal identity, spiritual challenge, and accountability, as youth discover how they can impact their world and serve others.
It’s in the context of these Life Groups that young people build healthy relationships with caring adult role models, engage in positive peer group experiences, and learn to flesh out compassion with others.
If you are a parent or caregiver and would like to know more about how your child can benefit from a Breakaway community group, feel free to contact us today!
Here are some of the benefits of youth community groups:
- They provide a place of acceptance and identity
- They are safe places for positive social interaction
- They foster healthy relationships with adult role models
- They nurture an environment for spiritual growth
- They offer diversity and multicultural engagement
- They enhance leadership development among young people
- They help youth develop interpersonal skills
- They include processes for critical thinking and problem solving
- They guide youth into the assumption of community responsibility
- They help young people gain self-confidence and self-esteem
- They reduce the risk of becoming involved in unsafe activities
- They stir youth to live with compassion and give back to others